Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hello LA!



Posted by Liberty on Jun 9, '08 1:18 PM for everyone
It was such a double treat to experience the joy of
wrapping another Aloha Package for our Name The
Baby Game we had! This time it was for Christy (of
TimeLord) from the Los Angeles area.

I was wishing I could squeeze myself into the box so I
can visit Christy at the same time in LA. My Mom who
helped me take some of the pictures suggested some
very comical shots to suggest that I was trying to get
into the box. We were rolling in the floor laughing when
my husband walked in on us and gave us the most
quizzical look when he could not understand what we
were trying to do. (He found me prostrate on top of the
macadamia nuts, etc!). Ha-ha-ha.

In the end, I decided I would just use the "normal"
shots. I''ll play crazy on you guys on another entry. Ha-
ha-ha.



june2008 056
The contents of this package are slightly different
from that of Liz of UK. I know a few things about
Christy and I knew she liked the Hawaiian cake that we
have on the islands called Haupia cake/pudding. So I
included a couple of packages so she can try cooking some.

june2008 057
And when she bakes/cooks some, I don't want her to
burn her fingers. So I enclosed a potholder/mitten that
will protect those lovely hands of hers. Of course, it
has to have a Hawaiian print on it. And Christy I have
the other "hand", the TWIN of your potholder!!! I
bought two of them this morning for the two of us. So
when you use yours, maybe you'll remember that the
twin of your potholder is right here in the islands, with Me.
june2008 058
Just like the first Aloha Package I sent to Liz, the box
contains lots and lots of macadamia nuts and candies
and Hawaiian coffees. But like me, Christy loves dark
chocolates so I made sure I packed a few of dark
chocolate covered macadamia nuts for her too. And a
few other treat I will not describe here so Christy will
have some fun opening a few more that I did not divulge
here. Hint: some of them are for Christmas. Hi-hi-hi. Hawaiian style, of course.
But lo, and behold. After I have sealed the box, Kainoa
found some candies left behind on the floor!!! Ooops!
june2008 070
june2008 061
Okay, this is it for now folks. I have a baby shower to
throw tomorrow. Right here in our home so some
preparations are in order and it's now 8pm my time. But
before I go, let me post my mom's picture here. "Hello, Christy. We hope you like your presents"

june2008 047
WANTED: BOYFRIEND (bwa-ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment