Saturday, September 1, 2012

BRENNY, The GodFather




When I started my blog page three months ago, many times I sort of heard a theme song playing in my head. It goes something like this, " I am but a small voice... I am but a small dream". Some of you may know the song. It reflected some of my feelings about creating a cyberpage.
You see, I am one of those technologically challenged people. I felt so intimidated with the whole process of setting up a page! But my love for human connectedness was strong enough for me to keep trying.

Then a little miracle happened. An angel was sent my way. But the angel was big. Big in kindness. Grand in generosity. Mega friendly. And loaded with humour and a jovial spirit.
The name of my Angel is Brenny. Do you know him? Of course, you know him! The whole blog village has probably heard of him! He's big. Super big.

Yet, he took upon his wings, a "small voice" of a girl like me. "How do you put more than one picture in a blog entry?", I asked him. His help was prompt and when he saw I finally did it, he even sent me a congratulatory and an encouraging message. Something I did not even expect.

That, right there was, big. He's so special. He had time to respond to my queries and encouraged me. And I know by now I am just one of the many whom he has helped, encouraged, inspired and be connected to other interesting "voices" out there. You know what it's like. You may have been one of those he has touched, right?

You see to me *Brenny was like the "GodFather" figure in that movie. Remember the grandness and importance of that character in the story? In that village, you're either with him or perish.

But it's not the darkness of that character that reminds me of Brenny. It's the way that everybody goes to him to solve their problems. The way he connects people to each other.

And when he blasted one of my entries to the rest of the blogger earthlings out there, sudeenly I felt I received some kind of a blessing. That I have received some kind of entry, to a place of privilege.

I am counting on Brenny's magnanimous spirit to FORGIVE ME for creating this blog. As humble as he is, I hope I am not embarrassing him by expressing my admiration and gratitude for him.

You see Brenny, you really can't stop the song from playing. You beat a special kind of beat . "A 6/8 of a stick", I think Tony J said that about you. I'm not really sure what it meant. But I think it meant something good.

The "sound" you make sends a special groove making people celebrate each other, sing with their words and dance to the beat of their own and of others whom they may have heard through you and you alone.

I celebrate you my friend. Thank you for the music you create. I wish you all the happiness and joy that you need this year and forever. And I wish that one day I will get to meet you, your wife and your beautiful daughter Rai one day.
*BRENNY, a popular blogger from now defunct Yahoo 360

No comments:

Post a Comment