Saturday, September 1, 2012

Baby Shower, Women Power


Posted by Liberty on Feb 5, '08 3:38 AM for everyone
Apart from the precious gift of life our Creator gives us when a woman is blessed with a child to bear inside of her, there is another wonderful treasure one finds throughout the journey. The amazing gift of love from fellow women, sisters by heart. 

Venuses who have vast capacities to love, nurture, support, guide and inspire another woman as she goes through the most sacred passage of motherhood. Or preparing for one.

Three days ago, my lady friends threw a baby shower for me. There were at least thirty women who came. All the beautiful preparations for the event blew me away. From the invitations to the decorations, the gourmet feast, the games, the giveaways and all the most wonderful, precious gifts, all these beautiful women did all that for me. All I needed to do was show up with my pregnant belly, and enjoy and receive all their love. I was so humbled and awed by their love and beauty.

The baby shower was fantastic and full of joy and excitement. But what was even greater was the gifts of love those beautiful lady friends have lavished on me.

These are the women that all throughout this beautiful, and sometimes very difficult journey, have been there supporting me, guiding me, encouraging me, and praying earnestly for me and my baby to be healthy and safe. I can't help but choke up every time I pause and think about how much love they have been lavishing on me.

Women are such beautiful creatures of love. Even all my cyber sisters out there...you all have been so generous to me. Loving me, being happy for me, sending me all your warm and loving wishes for a successful pregnancy. They all mean so much to me. Words are not enough to express the gratitude I have in my heart for all of you.

All these beautiful women of love have welcomed me so warmly to the sisterhood of motherhood. I pledge that I will continue to make this circle of love gets bigger and bigger and more open to embrace any woman who desires to be loved and to love. This is the genuine power of women, the power to love.

To all the beautiful women out there who choose to love, I salute you and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment